ISEA 12 Session S4
S4: Equatorial and mid-latitude MLT dynamics
Monday, May 19, 2008 (afternoon)
Convener: D. Pancheva
Co-conveners: A. Smith, J. Oberheide
The session invites observational and modeling studies that address the dynamics of the equatorial and mid-latitude MLT region with particular emphasis on chemistry and transport, heat sources and sinks, solar and lower atmospheric forcing and the associated feedback on dynamics. Contributions are sought that focus on atmospheric waves (gravity, planetary, and Kelvin waves, tides), wave-mean flow interactions, chemical and dynamical coupling processes and the MLT response to equatorial oscillations such as QBO and SAO. New results on MLT wave seeding (wave penetration and secondary wave generation) of ionospheric disturbances are most welcome.
- Observational and modeling studies of MLT dynamics, chemistry and energetics
- Atmospheric waves, breaking and dissipation in the MLT region, including wave-mean flow coupling
- Solar and lower atmospheric forcing processes
- Equatorial MLT phenomena: QBO, SAO, etc.
- MLT wave seeding of ionospheric disturbances